How well do we sleep? (Comment on Albert's blog)
It is widely acknowledged that having a good sleep routine benefits our life in many different ways, since scientific studies prove this. Despite this fact, several youngsters shrug it off and reckon that this doesn’t play a vital role in their lives, and there could be a huge problem. Let’s see what do scientists and researchers point out about this.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) states that teenagers between 13 and 18 should sleep from 8 to 10 hours per night. Consequently, they would have a better performance at school, because of their fresh attention, fast memory, physical and mental health… Rarely does this happen, since 7 out of 10 northamerican students have bad habits of sleep. Lacking their necessary mental and physical rest, they face problems with a major risk of health issues, such us obesity and diabetes; a minor level of concentration and feelings control, what may lead to anxiety…
My experience, as a university student, is pretty similar in some points. Had I not slept the amount of hours my body requires, I found myself many days in common situations where I wasn’t fast enough or precise enough, even in class this has happened to me. This underlines the way sleep can undermine our productivity and focus every single day. Therefore, I try to keep my sleep routine as good as always, even in summer!
In conclusion, I highly recommend you to pay attention to your sleep schedule, and find how many hours you should sleep or when you ought to go to your bed. Sleeping has a paramount importance in our lifestyles, and if we take care of it, we will be rewarded with a healthier life.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario